- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 cup creamy deli coleslaw
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with coleslaw. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southern Barbecue Beef
Sort By :
"The website wouldn't let me click on the five stars, but that is what I would give it!"
"This should get more than five stars, we make it alot! We do not put the cole slaw on the sandwich. We like to have it on the side. Delish!!"
"I have made this MANY times; I sometimes double it to have leftovers. However, my hubby and I don't really care for the coleslaw on top--the meaty filling is great alone!"
"This is more like sloppy joe then barbecue beef."