Southern Apple Fritters Recipe
I’ve been making these golden fritters for more than 25 years. Family and friends gobble them up, so I’m thankful they’re quick and easy! —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apples
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, orange juice, butter, vanilla and orange peel; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apples.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 fritters equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Southern Apple Fritters
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC