- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, apple
- juice, butter, cornstarch and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in apples
- and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat until apples are
- crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, sugar, coconut, vanilla and
- cinnamon. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until mixture is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until
- smooth. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread
- over pie. Garnish with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate for
- 4-6 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 664 calories, 37 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.