South Shore Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in butter for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and carrots until crisp-tender. Place around roast. Sprinkle with paprika. Add broth to pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to measure 2-2/3 cups.
- 4. In a saucepan, combine flour and sour cream until smooth. Add drippings, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the roast. Yield: 10-12 servings (3-1/3 cups gravy).
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.