South Seas Skillet Recipe
Soy sauce, raisins, water chestnuts and toasted almond lend to this dish's tropical flavor. Served over rice, it's a filling entree that satisfies my family.Bernice Muilenburg, Molalla, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Fresh orange slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, broth, raisins, soy sauce and ginger; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with almonds and orange slices. Serve over rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as South Seas Skillet in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p185
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for South Seas Skillet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review