- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 very firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cornflakes crumbs
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- Sliced kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Dip bananas into milk mixture; roll in cornflakes and set aside.
- Dip chicken into remaining milk mixture; roll in remaining cornflakes and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange bananas over the chicken. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with kiwi and starfruit if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for South Seas Chicken and Bananas
"The subtle sweetness of the crust is the perfect accompaniment for the chicken and bananas."
"This recipe was a little messy to make but soooo worth it when you taste the end result!!! Will definitely make this again"