- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 very firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cornflakes crumbs
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- Sliced kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Dip bananas into milk mixture; roll in cornflakes and set aside.
- Dip chicken into remaining milk mixture; roll in remaining cornflakes and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange bananas over the chicken. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with kiwi and starfruit if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for South Seas Chicken and Bananas
"A unique and delicious recipe. My grandson loved it. I would definitely make this again."
"The subtle sweetness of the crust is the perfect accompaniment for the chicken and bananas."
"This recipe was a little messy to make but soooo worth it when you taste the end result!!! Will definitely make this again"