South Pacific Pork Kabobs Recipe
"Try this tropical treat of pork marinated in a spicy soy mixture and topped with a peanut butter sauce," suggests Susan Putkonen of Gilbert, Minnesota. "You can drizzle the sauce over the kabobs or put it in bowls for dipping."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound pork chop suey meat
- PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread the pork onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, garlic salt and pepper. stir in broth until smooth. Add milk, peanut butter and onion; stir until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC