South of the Border Wraps
Grilled in a skillet, this savory entree is a winning way to add some spice to your menus! This easy recipe brings the taste of the Southwest into your kitchen, no matter where you live.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mash beans slightly. Add the salsa, onions and
- cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese.
- Roll up tightly.
- In a large skillet, melt 2-4 tablespoons butter; add tortillas, seam
- side down; cook tortillas on all sides until golden brown, adding
- butter if necessary.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.