Grilled in a skillet, this savory entree is a winning way to add some spice to your menus! This easy recipe brings the taste of the Southwest into your kitchen, no matter where you live.
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mash beans slightly. Add the salsa, onions and cilantro. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Roll up tightly.
- In a large skillet, melt 2-4 tablespoons butter; add tortillas, seam side down; cook tortillas on all sides until golden brown, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South of the Border Wraps in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p10
Reviews for South of the Border Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2011
"I added some meat to the recipe. One time I made them with lunch meat, the next time I cooked some chicken and added it to the wraps. Turned out great!"