- 1 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Set aside half of marinade for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium-low heat, for 20-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as South-of the-Border Thighs in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p95
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for South-of the-Border Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review