- Cut green peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. In a large
- kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and
- rinse in cold water. Spoon about 1/3 cup beef mixture into each
- pepper half.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are
- crisp-tender and filling is heated through.
- Top with the remaining tomatoes. Garnish with sour cream, cheese,
- green onions and grape tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed pepper halves equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.