- 1 pound beef Ranch Steaks or Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix, divided
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing
- 1 package (8 to 10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese or shredded Co-Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds, toasted
- Combine 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and brown sugar. Press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 8 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, times remain the same) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining taco seasoning and ranch dressing in medium bowl, mixing until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Arrange salad greens on serving platting. Top with cranberries, cheese, pepitas and steak slices. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Steak Salad with Creamy Taco Dressing in The Beef Checkoff 2014
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Steak Salad with Creamy Taco Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
"Great salad with great flavor"