South of the Border Soup Recipe
Cooking and creating new recipes is a favorite pastime of mine. As a matter of fact, this is an original recipe, which earned my first place in the Wisconsin Beef Cookoff some years ago. - Lynn Ireland, Lebanon, Wisconsin
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain. Add the picante sauce, corn, beans, tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for South of the Border Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC