- longer. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. In the same skillet over medium heat,
- cook steak in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Transfer to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon onion
- mixture over steaks. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs,
- cheese and remaining oil; sprinkle over tops. Broil 3-4 in. from the
- heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 281 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now