When my family gathers at our cabin, these slightly spicy eggs are a must. And my kids insist I'm the only one who can make them. The crushed tortilla chips really add a unique but tasty texture.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Taco sauce
- Lightly beat eggs with milk; add tortilla chips. Let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet, saute ham, onion and green pepper in butter. Add egg mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cheese and tomato. Serve in the skillet or transfer to a warm serving platter. Top with sour cream and taco sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Scrambled Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p26
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review