- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (10 ounces) Philadelphia Santa Fe cooking creme
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 12-16 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, chilies and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, cooking creme and eggs until blended.
- Spread 1 cup sausage mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, one-third of the remaining sausage mixture, 1 cup ricotta mixture and 1 cup cheese blend. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with olives and jalapeno (dish will be full).
- Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Sprinkle with queso fresco. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 20 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as South-of-The Border Sausage Lasagna in TasteofHome.com 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for South-of-The Border Sausage Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review