South-of-the-Border Sandwiches Recipe
My mom and her dear friend, Betty, came up with this recipe many years ago, and I'm still using it. Of course with sever kids in the family, Mom would have to double and sometimes triple the recipe.—Karen Byrd, Las Vegas, Nevada
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 French or submarine rolls, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chilies, salsa, onion, olives and seasonings. Fold in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup onto bottom of rolls. Replace tops; wrap each sandwich tightly in foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 705 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,443 mg sodium, 101 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC