My mom and her dear friend, Betty, came up with this recipe many years ago, and I'm still using it. Of course with sever kids in the family, Mom would have to double and sometimes triple the recipe.—Karen Byrd, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground cumin
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 French or submarine rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chilies, salsa, onion, olives and seasonings. Fold in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup onto bottom of rolls. Replace tops; wrap each sandwich tightly in foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p11
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review