South of the Border Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes and onions. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to corn mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as South of the Border Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p39
Reviews for South of the Border Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2013
"This was a very good simple salad, but I have several other recipes that are very similar, but with a little more kick. Not bad, just not my personal favorite."