South-of-the-Border Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Coat two 12-in. pizza pans with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide the bread dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Build up edges slightly; prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, yellow pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa, chilies and chili powder; heat through.
- Spread over the crusts; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomatoes and lettuce; serve immediately. Yield: 2 pizzas (6 slices each).
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p31
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >