South-Of-The-Border Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 taco shells, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Drizzle with salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for South-Of-The-Border Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.