South-Of-The-Border Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 taco shells, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Drizzle with salsa if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for South-Of-The-Border Meat Loaf(2)
Sort By :
My girls really liked this recipe. They were finished before I was....which NEVER happens.
I don't know why this recipe was changed from the original printed in the January 2008 issue. I have the original printout which call for whole eggs and sauteing the vegetables first. Why fix a recipe when it isn't broken?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >