South of the Border Dip Recipe
Sometimes I double the recipe and serve it as a meal with chopped tomato, sliced avocados and sliced black olives.—Sandy Robideau, Eureka, Montana
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, onion, green pepper, mustard and chili powder. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 2. Spread mixture into an ungreased pie plate. Combine topping ingredients; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with lettuce and cheese. Serve with chips. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for South of the Border Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC