South of the Border Citrus Salad Recipe
Orange, grapefruit and jicama add color and texture to this out-of-the-ordinary fruit salad. Sometimes I'll toss in slices of mango and cucumber for additional pizazz.
TOTAL TIME: Prep Time: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:7 servings
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Arrange on a serving platter; refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC