South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing Recipe
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 404 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.