- 2 romaine hearts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p102
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review