Plump heirloom tomatoes highlight this garden-fresh showpiece, drizzled with a sweet-tart dressing and sprinkled with cheese. It's perfect for an outdoor party and so easy to make! —Kathleen Merkley, Layton, Utah
- CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 large heirloom or other tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Arrange greens on a serving platter; top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with 1/2 cup dressing; garnish with cilantro leaves. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Originally published as South-of-the-Border Caprese Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p41
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Caprese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review