- CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 large heirloom or other tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or diced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Arrange greens on a serving platter; top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with 1/2 cup dressing; garnish with cilantro leaves. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
Reviews for South-of-the-Border Caprese Salad
Sort By :
Very good. I made it for my husband. We ran out of salad greens and still had dressing so I got more greens and tomatoes so we could finish off the dressing. We will definitely make this again soon.
Awesome dressing and wonderful salad! Dressing was a snap to put together. Will definitely do again.
I loved the cilantro vinaigrette! I used gorgonzola instead of the mozzarella and this was absolutely delicious. A really nice side for a mexican meal or an Italian one.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Caprese Salad >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Southwest Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >