South Dakota Meat Loaf Makeover Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into five loaves; arrange around the edge of a microwave-safe deep-dish pie plate.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes. Spread ketchup over meat loaves. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 366 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for South Dakota Meat Loaf Makeover
"I changed the recipe a little. I used 1 pound of beef and 1/2 pound of groud pork and then made a regular loaf out of in. I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hr to 1 hr and 15 minutes. It was yummy. It makes great sandwiches."
"Love this for just two. you can fix ahead and freeze. Just take out and place in Refigerator the night before and while you fix sides dinner is done in less than 30""