- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- Drizzle with ketchup; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for South Dakota Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times over the last few years. It is the best! Sometimes if I don't have evaporated milk I just use regular milk, and that works too."
"I have been making meatlaof for many years & I just started making this one for something different... Everone loves it including me. I cook in a small retirement home the first time I made it on of our residents who is 99 years old asked me if I made it. I said yes. To Quote her exactly( It's the best meatloaf I ever had in my in my life)i 99 years old. That is quite a .compliment Thanks for posting it"
"Best meatloaf recipe I have ever tried!"
"Make again! One of the best!"
"i love this meatloaf. i love the texture that the oats give and i love sage but had never thought to put it in meatloaf. thanks for sharing."