South Carolina-Style Ribs Recipe
This recipe makes some of the best country-style pork ribs you'll ever eat, especially when cooked on a grill. We use the same sauce on barbecued chicken, too. —Karen Conklin, Supply, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs meat side up in a roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- 3. Brush sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes longer or until ribs are glazed, basting occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 504 calories, 36 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC