- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, gently toss peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and extract; set aside. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth. Pour evenly over butter (do not stir). Top with peach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for South Carolina Cobbler
Sort By :
This is the first recipe I go to during peach season because it's so delicious and easy to make. I love to put it in the oven when the main meal is ready so that we can eat the hot cobbler for dessert. I've also added blueberries at times over the years.
I've been making this for years, but I do add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. It's always a hit!
Served it at the bible study and it was completely gone! I use 1/4 cinnamon & vanilla instead and did use 3 tbsp. of sugar instead of the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar for the topping. This is a keeper recipe!
Easy and good! I did not have almond extract so I used vanilla and added 1/4 tsp cinnamon (maybe next time I'd use more). Served it with whipped cream. Yum!
Excellent taste and easy to make! I used an 8 x 8 baking dish and it cooked perfectly. My neighbors and my family devoured it!!!