South Carolina Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, gently toss peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and extract; set aside. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth. Pour evenly over butter (do not stir). Top with peach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for South Carolina Cobbler(15)
Sort By :
Easy and good! I did not have almond extract so I used vanilla and added 1/4 tsp cinnamon (maybe next time I'd use more). Served it with whipped cream. Yum!
Excellent taste and easy to make! I used an 8 x 8 baking dish and it cooked perfectly. My neighbors and my family devoured it!!!
Love this recipe super easy! I used vanilla extract because I didn't have almond extract. Turned out amazing!!
This cobbler is a hit every time I make it. I have only had one problem with this recipe. It does not turn out well when you double the recipe.
Made it for a small group everyone loved it. That is so good