South Carolina Cobbler Recipe
With peach orchards just a couple of miles from home, it's easy to treat my family to this traditional dessert. —Mattie Carter, Rock Hill, South Carolina
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and extract; set aside. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; stir in milk until smooth. Pour evenly over butter (do not stir). Top with peach mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 258 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC