When days feel rushed, these sandwiches with turkey and green chilies are one of my favorite standbys. They stack up in about 10 minutes, honestly. —Leah Carter, San Pedro, California
Featured In: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise over two slices of bread. Layer with green chilies, turkey and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sourdough Turkey Melts in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Sourdough Turkey Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2015
"This is a great alternative to a basic grilled cheese sandwich. The green chilies are a great addition."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2015