- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise over two slices of bread. Layer with green chilies, turkey and cheese. Top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sourdough Turkey Melts in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Sourdough Turkey Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2015
"This is a great alternative to a basic grilled cheese sandwich. The green chilies are a great addition."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2015