Sourdough Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 Swiss cheese slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 bacon strips, cooked
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place egg crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- 3. Spread bread with mayonnaise if desired. Top two slices with lettuce, cheese, tomato, bacon and chicken. Top with the remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 777 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 263mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 58g protein.
Reviews for Sourdough Chicken Sandwiches
"It was really good. We melted parmesan cheese over the top of the chicken and used olive peppered mayonaise with dijon mustard and it was great. We all decided to add guacamole next time though."
"I thought it would be kind of plain but it wasn't. I will definitely be making this one again."