Sourdough Chicken Sandwiches
MY FAMILY loves chicken, so I came up with this easy sandwich recipe. The chicken stays moist and tasty prepared this way.
With potatoes or fries and a salad, it's a complete meal.
-Joe Urban, West Chicago, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 Swiss cheese slices
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 bacon strips, cooked
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place egg crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then
- coat with crumbs. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-high heat for
- 4 minutes on each side until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Spread bread with mayonnaise if desired. Top two slices with lettuce,
- cheese, tomato, bacon and chicken. Top with the remaining bread.
- Yield: 2 servings.