Sourdough Almond Stuffing Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 11 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in salt, rosemary and pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, artichokes, almonds, tomatoes, basil and mushroom mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and broth. Gradually stir into bread mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup: 195 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sourdough Almond Stuffing
"I will say this, Wonderful! taste is simple, inviting and fun. We tried this for Thanksgiving and it was the talk of the dinner table, not to mention very nice looking also. We have made this several times and we keep making it because everybody loves it. Try it and add a spin on it for more fun. Excellent"