Sourcream Berry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- 3. Berry Cream Lemon Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed, except substitute 1 cup lemon yogurt for the sour cream and add 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel with the vanilla.
- 4. Berry Streusel Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons each all-purpose flour and quick-cooking oats, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins before baking. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 241 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sourcream Berry Muffins
"Excellent!!! Made the raspberry ones substituting plain greek yogurt for the sour cream. Since I freeze berries all summer long this will now be my go-to muffin recipe...... so many possibilities.... thanks for sharing!!!!"
"These muffins were by far the best I ever baked and I bake a lot of taste of home recipes .and I did half blueberry and half raspberry .Thanks for sharing this recipe"
"These muffins are so delicious!!! I often substitute plain greek yogurt when I don't have sour cream. They are also really tasty with raspberries if you feel like changing it up."
"I make these all the time! They are the very best muffins I have ever had. My friends at work ask me to make those muffins with the Blueberries and raspberries in them. Awsome!!!"