Sourcream Berry Muffins Recipe
Baked in greased muffin cups, this delicious treats bake up beautifully. If you like lemon or want a streusel topping, it's easy to vary this recipe to suit your fancy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- 3. Berry Cream Lemon Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed, except substitute 1 cup lemon yogurt for the sour cream and add 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel with the vanilla.
- 4. Berry Streusel Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons each all-purpose flour and quick-cooking oats, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins before baking. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC