Create your own sour mix at home following this easy-to-make recipe. You can adjust the flavor by using either all lemon or lime juice or varying the proportions of lemon to lime juice.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
58 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or
- until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- heat; cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Add lemon and lime
- juices. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Yield: 3-2/3
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 28 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.