Sour Cream Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the sour cream, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 176 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Sour Cream Yeast Rolls
"This came together easily and baked up fluffy and pleasant. I expected more from the sour cream though."
"Delicious. My family loved them."
"Very easy recipe. Great texture to the rolls. Golden on the outside and fluffy and doughy on the inside. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the slight tangy flavor but with butter they are very good."
"This recipe is so good.It is so easy to make."
"These tasted like any other dinner roll recipe, except that they had a faint tangy flavor from the sour cream. The tang didn’t improve them in my mind, and so, I’ll stick with a standard recipe that doesn’t require sour cream."
"These were really easy to make, moist like a yeast roll, but with a slight biscuit taste texture as well. I give 4 stars!"