Sour Cream Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the sour cream, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Yeast Rolls(4)
Sort By :
Very easy recipe. Great texture to the rolls. Golden on the outside and fluffy and doughy on the inside. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the slight tangy flavor but with butter they are very good.
This recipe is so good.It is so easy to make.
These tasted like any other dinner roll recipe, except that they had a faint tangy flavor from the sour cream. The tang didnâ€™t improve them in my mind, and so, Iâ€™ll stick with a standard recipe that doesnâ€™t require sour cream.
These were really easy to make, moist like a yeast roll, but with a slight biscuit taste texture as well. I give 4 stars!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >