Sour Cream Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the sour cream, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Yeast Rolls(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is so good.It is so easy to make.
These tasted like any other dinner roll recipe, except that they had a faint tangy flavor from the sour cream. The tang didnâ€™t improve them in my mind, and so, Iâ€™ll stick with a standard recipe that doesnâ€™t require sour cream.
These were really easy to make, moist like a yeast roll, but with a slight biscuit taste texture as well. I give 4 stars!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >