Sour Cream Walnut Fudge
This white fudge is my all-time favorite. I first tried it on my birthday and had to request the recipe. To speed up the 8-minute beating time, I recruit "kitchen helpers" who take turns stirring the mixture - with the promise that they'll get some of the treats!
64 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the
- sugar, sour cream, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238°
- (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring,
- for 15 minutes. Add walnuts. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick
- and creamy, about 8 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate
- until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in.
- squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield:
- about 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 square) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium,