Sour Cream Walnut Fudge Recipe
This white fudge is my all-time favorite. I first tried it on my birthday and had to request the recipe. To speed up the 8-minute beating time, I recruit "kitchen helpers" who take turns stirring the mixture - with the promise that they'll get some of the treats!
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring, for 15 minutes. Add walnuts. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
1 serving: 49 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Walnut Fudge
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC