Sour Cream Walnut Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, sour cream, corn syrup, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring, for 15 minutes. Add walnuts. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (1 square) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.