Sour Cream Walnut Cake Recipe
Over the years, with much trial and error, I have developed into a good basic cook. It's so nice to hear friends say, "If you're cooking, we'll be there."
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 egg yolk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar; beat in egg yolks and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. In another bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form; fold into the batter.
- 2. Pour into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and juices. Bring to a boil. Brush over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC