Sour Cream Swiss Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each salt, pepper, paprika and ground mustard
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Additional paprika, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard; dredge the steak.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Cook steak on both sides until browned. Carefully add water; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and flour; stir until smooth. Transfer steaks to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; add sour cream mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 460 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Swiss Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.