- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour half the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over batter. Add remaining batter and topping. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake
"I brought this to my brothers for Easter brunch today. It received rave reviews from the entire family! I set the timer for 35 minutes for baking to get use to my brand new oven. It was done in that time. The coffee cake was moist and flavorful. I will make this again in the future!!!"
"I made this recipe and found i was out of sour cream boo hoo. Well i subbed plain yogurt and did omit the nuts. I doubled the topping and it turned out very good. Nit real sweet sweet and my husband loved it. A keeper"
"I have doubled and tripled this recipe with perfect results every time. Added dried cranberries and Orange zest. And also one with blueberries. And one with raspberries. If you alter a recipe even the slightest bit and it fails don't blame the recipe."
"Tried this for the 1st time and the batter was indeed a challenge - almost seemed like there wasn't enough batter to do 2 whole layers in a 9x13 pan. Next time I might try increasing the recipe for the batter and see how that works out. But I got rave reviews."
"Except for the stress of spreading the thick batter to cover the pan, this is outstanding! Husband and son both raved! I made it exactly as written."