This is a Wisconsin recipe-using our own delicious sour cream, of course! What better place to enjoy a dish like this than in the Dairy State?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour half the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of topping over batter. Add remaining batter and topping. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Country October/November 1990, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review