Sour Cream Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
This is one of my mom's recipes, except she used raw potatoes. I made it faster to prepare by using frozen hash browns, and it tastes every bit as good. Whenever I eat these potatoes, I always remember the pleasure of eating Mom's cooking.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup french-fried onions
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. our into an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with onions; return to the oven for 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 444 calories, 31 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC