Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a 96+bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat in the sour cream and egg. Gently fold in the rhubarb. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the filling. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 448 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.