Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a 96+bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat in the sour cream and egg. Gently fold in the rhubarb. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and orange peel. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the filling. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Rhubarb Pie(3)
Sort By :
Excellent alternative to a traditional rhubarb pie. I was looking for a crumb-topped rhubarb pie recipe, and this was the perfect choice. The hint of orange really does complement the rhubarb. I substituted a few drops of orange extract for the grated orange peel, and that worked well. Will definitely make this again
This pie tastes okay, but if you want rhubarb pie this isn't it.
Very easy - as pies go. Absolutely delicious! Even people that don't normally like rhubarb like this pie.