Sour Cream Raisin Pie Recipe
A hint of lemon gives extra zing to the creamy pudding-and-raisin filling in this homey dessert. Topped off with sweetened sour cream, it's sure to be a hit at your house. "I came across this recipe in a booklet quite some time ago," pens Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. "To lighten it, I sometimes use low-fat sour cream instead of regular."
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon juice and peel. Cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice. Pour into pastry shell. Press a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper on top of filling; refrigerate overnight. Remove waxed paper. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Spread over pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC